Unplasticized PolyVinyl Chloride is short UPVC is also known as rigid PVC, PVC-U or vinyl siding in the U.S. UPVC material is extensively used in the building industry as a low-maintenance material. The material comes in a range of colors and finishes, including a photo-effect wood finish, and is used as a substitute for painted wood, mostly for window frames and sills when installing double glazing in new buildings, or to replace older single-glazed windows. UPVC is known as having strong resistance against chemicals, sunlight, and oxidation from water.
UPVC windows in simple words are windows made out of UPVC material. The following advantages make it better than wooden or aluminum windows which were used in earlier days:-
- Thermal Properties – The material UPVC has the solar heat gain coefficient and thermal transmittance U values are far superior to aluminium, steel and wood (depending on the type of wood used). The usage of UPVC for windows makes a house warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
- Cost – Installation of UPVC windows may be either costly or cheaper. It mainly depends on the model of the house you are constructing. One thing that can be guaranteed is, if cost is ignored for some time, investing on UPVC windows will result in greater savings in the long run, due to its energy efficiency, low maintenance and durability properties. UPVC windows have lesser weight, making it easy to handle and install when compared to other materials.
- Maintenance –UPVC windows never rot, flake, rust, fade, pit, peel or corrode. UPVC windows need only a light soapy wash and a check of the seals for maintenance. UPVC windows typically has colour all the way through its profile so any scratches aren’t noticeable and tough on impact.
- Effect on environment – UPVC has minimal impact all the way through its life cycle. Being made out of non- hazardous material, UPVC windows gain importance.
- Chemical resistance – UPVC is a stable material. Hence UPVC windows are pollution, sea water resistant and chemical proof. This makes for greater ageing resistance compared to the other types. Wood can swell and rot and aluminum and steel can corrode and have galvanic reaction to the fasteners.
There are many UPVC windows suppliers. I would like to recommend Lordships Windows Ltd http://www.lordshipwindows.com. They are specialists in making bay windows, and sash windows. Sash windows are normally made out of UPVC material.
Lordships Windows Ltd. deals with energy efficient and environmentally friendly windows. Their windows are not only lead-free, but also have an A energy rating as standard, with low E double glazed glass units to keep the heat in and reduce your heating bills. The windows also have brush seals around the openings for exceptional draught proofing. Choosing PVC-U over timber is an environmentally friendly choice. The majority of end of life PVC-U windows can be recycled over and over again to produce new windows.
When your option is for UPVC windows, visit Lordship Windows Ltd. for better and qualified service and give justice to your investment by investing it on the right product at a right place.